Virtual Dating

on Friday, April 3, 2009

I went on a date with another woman. She had long blonde hair, wore a tank top, and liked to wink at me. We met at a bar and listened to soft music as we played small games and got to know each other. I held her hand and after five minutes she asked if she could kiss me, and I accepted.

Maybe my girlfriend will be able to forgive me since this was a virtual date and I was researching a story (honest!). The woman (or rather, her avatar) she was letting me try out all the various functions. Visitors to major online dating Web sites could soon see virtual dating functions.
"With email the anticipation builds and builds and by the time you actually meet the person there is a mountain of expectation," All people want is to learn more about the person behind the online profile in a safe and comfortable manner."

The reality is, real people use virtual dating to find real-life relationships!

Moreover, virtual dating is more effective than other technology-based tools, such as email … and other more traditional approaches, such as hanging out in bars or joining political campaigns. For example, Eric highlights research at Harvard and Duke, which shows that couples who go on virtual dates before a face-to-face date are two times more likely to go on a second date with a person.

0 comments:

Post a Comment